Sunday, January 16, 2011

A New Persspective





In the past I have used this blog to share my family events and my crafting projects. Well, I have decided to share some of my favorite teachings form the past 4 years. We moved to Murfreesboro, TN from Baltimore, Maryland back in May of 2007. We have spent the past 4 years growing and learning what God has for us.

A little back ground information about the Hawes Family. I (Sherri) grew up in Baltimore where my father and mother were leaders in the church I grew up in. My mom played the organ and piano and my dad was one of the associate preachers at Evangelical Bible Church. My parents were part of a singing group which would travel to different churches singing and preaching. There were 3 couples and the men would take turns preaching and I can remember two of the ladies my mom and her friend Phyllis would play the music. I grew up knowing nothing but church. I loved it.

When I was 16 I taught a Sunday School Class to 5th & 6th graders and I truly enjoyed that time. I was also very involved in our youth services on Friday Nights. We had youth leaders who would have the opportunity to teach and conduct the services on Friday Nights for 3 months at a time. I loved teaching and most of all I loved singing. I sang with 3 other girls at our church while growing up and then just sang solo. I had the opportunity to lead praise and worship at our church along with the opportunity to sing at our church annual Camp Meetings where all the churches in the organization would come and meet for the whole week having services in the morning and then again at night. There would be anywhere from 200+ that would attend these meetings at night.

At age 15 I met my husband, Glenn where he came to church for a few months until he found out how old I was...then he hit the road, ha ha. He was older than I was. At age 18 I seen my husband again the day after I graduated from High School, the words I yelled at the red light that day, "I LOVE YOUR CAR" brought him back into the picture. We started dating and we have been married for 30 years and yes there have been ups and downs but God has kept us true to each other and most of all we have kept God in the center of our marriage.

In the 30 years of marriage we have been involved in church ministry in various areas, from youth ministry, children's church, small groups, nursery leaders and many more areas. Church has always been in our lives but now I can say that God is not leading and guiding us in all areas. In the past 4 we have learned so much more. In this blog I will try to share with you what we have learned and hopefully you will hear what God has for you and your family.

We have four daughters and it has been a wonderful pleasure having them in our lives. God is good and He has kept all of us in his arms over the past years. Our oldest lives in MD and has a son Luke that is the joy of her life and ours. Our 2nd oldest will be married this September and we cherish the days ahead, knowing that God is in Control. Our two youngest live with us in Murfreesboro. Ours two youngest enjoy serving at church in all sorts of ministries. Our youngest has done Kids Choir at our church, World Outreach for 3 years now. She loves performing and singing. Savannah also does praise and worship every weekend at church in the 4th-6th grade, Momentum. She truly loves the opportunities she has to serve at church. For the past year she has been involved in S.A.L.T. this is leadership program at church and it stands for Student Action Leadership Training. During this past year she has learned the importance in serving at church and being happy to serve wherever needed. She is going to miss doing this next year, she will graduate from the program in August and will be heading to
J.V. Infinity. Morgan has had many opportunities to server in the past two years at church. Morgan plays guitar and is learning keyboard. She has been part of the Praise and Worship team of J.V. Infinity for over a year and loves playing music. She also serves in the children's ministry by during Praise and Worship on the weekends for Kidmo, 2nd and 3rd grades. For the past 3 months Morgan as been working in the children's nursery serving with the little babies as she calls them, this is another ministry she loves doing.

I am a stay at home mom which home schools our two youngest. I have been homeschooling for over 14 years, my two oldest have graduated from and gone on to be legal secretary and a beautician. Our two youngest...well lets just say I think they will end up being in church ministry. At least that is where they are headed...God is in control.

OK, you have been brought up to speed. I have linked a few pictures of our family, I hope you enjoy reading the blog as we grow together.








No comments: