Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday 7/25/11 Spiritual Warfare

Ephesians 6:12 New American Standard
"Four our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." The struggles we face on a daily basis has a name, it is not our family, our co-workers or even or friends it is Satan. We struggle against the spiritual forces that the enemy sends our way to discourage us and even cause us to doubt and wonder where God is in the mist of our storms. I have to remember that when I am struggling with a problem that has come from a conflict with people it is not the person I am struggling with it is the forces of the enemy. Where will I turn, who will I put my trust in? I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ who took this battle and fought it for me when he died on the cross over 2000 years ago.

I like how The Message Bible puts the same verse, Eph. 6:10-12
"And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels." Are you ready for this fight? Are you sure that all your armor is on correctly? Are you ready for the battle. I heard Pastor Allen one weekend quote this scripture, Matthew 3:16 - 4:1; NIV, As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, 'This is my Son, whom I love;; with him I am well pleased.' Then Jesus was led by the SPIRIT into the desert to be tempted by the devil." Have you ever thought that the Holy Spirit would lead you into the desert place to be tempted? As you study the struggles that Christ was faced with it is a comfort to know that he made it through the temptations with the help of the Holy Spirit. Who is your helper during your time of struggles? Are you trusting your spouse to help you through this, you best friend, your family? It's good to have all those people lifting you up in prayer during your time of need but your help will come from the Holy Spirit. Learn to put your trust in the Lord and let the Holy Spirit comfort you in your time of need.

No comments: