Monday, January 8, 2018

First 100 Days

Good morning,

This weekend I heard a sermon by our Pastor,Allen Jackson where he laid out the 100 days of Faith.
This year has been different than any other year.  More of an awareness and eye opening to what lies ahead.  Our pastor came out with 10 points for the new year and these points hit me right over the head.  We all start off the year wanting to make changes that would require us to alter the way we do things and if you are anything like me changes are painful.  When you make those resolutions to start the new year off you make unrealistic resolutions.  It might start off like: I want to loose 30 pounds, or I want to give up drinking caffeine or cut back on sugar...How about making it more obtainable lets say, "I want to loose 5 pounds a month, that is more realistic and you have a better chance to change your diet to loose 5 pounds a month.  Or, I am only having 2 cups of coffee a day for the first month and once you accomplish that task you feel as though you can give it up for good.  Well, we are 8 days into the new year and how are those resolutions going???

 Let's take a minute and see what the "100 Days of Faith" looks like and see where we fit in and where we need to change.  Remember take the time and reflect on your spiritual life and see if God is telling you there needs to be a change in your life.

Pastor Allen titled this point in his sermon: "My Intent" I look at this as a life change. When you make a resolution you are really saying..."I hope to change." Now lets look at My Intent and see where I really need to change with the help of the Holy Spirit.

As I have said many times...everyone can hear the same sermon and get something totally different out of the sermon, and that is what I have done here.  I have taken the weekend sermon and put my take away from the sermon.  I encourage you to get the CD From World Outreach Church and listen for yourself.

My Intent:
1. I intend to read through my Bible this year!  Make a point to set 15 minutes (maybe 20) a day and read your Bible.  Garb a friend and ask them to read with you and take the time to share one point you got out of the daily reading.  (check out World Outreach Church on their home page go to Bible Reading)

2.  I intend to pray daily. This is an easy one.  Take time to talk to God! Colossians 4:2 says "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."  Talk to God as though he is right there with you having that  cup of coffee or sitting in the living room right with you.  If you need help learning to pray start off with the Prayer Jesus taught us to pray,  Matthew 6: 9-13

3.  I intend to honor God in my home.  Joshua 24:15  I want God to be welcomed in my home...if you are watching TV ask the question...Would I watch this show if Jesus was coming over to have a Movie Night...if your answer is No well you have your answer.  I want my home to be a place where you feel the presence of the Lord. 

4.  I intend to work with integrity.  When you mention that 4 letter word...WORK...people get very defensive when you talk about their work ethics they are ready to tell you how hard they work.  We all work hard to a certain extent but when you see what the Word of God says about work...well we all need to be more alert to how we actually work day in and day out.  Colossians 3:23

5.  I intend to teach my children to respect God and His people.  Respect! That word means a lot.  Today there is such a lack of respect between young people and adults.  What has happened to "Yes Sir, Yes ma'am or even Thank you?  Respect must be taught and that is the responsibility of the parents.  Deuteronomy 6:6-7

6.  I intend to faithfully participate in church.  Be a part of your church, speak well of your church, be a part of the different ministries of your church, we are all one body! 

7.  I intend to cooperate with the Holy Spirit --- recognizing my body as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
I Corinthians 6:19-20 once you become a Christ follower you no longer do things for yourself but for the Lord. 

8.  I intend to tithe.  Support your church with your tithes and offerings.  I can remember as a child that I would tithe it has always been a part of my life.  Proverbs 3:9

9.  I intend to grow--in my faith and God's involvement in my life.  We all want to grow, it shows maturity, it shows that we no longer do childish things.  We long for the day to say we are a GROWNUP!  1 Peter 2:2-3

10.  I intend to say "yes" to Godliness and "no" to ungodliness.  From the time you first give your heart to the Lord you want to do things to please Him.  Take the time to re-evaluate your life are you holding on to things that you do not want to let go and let GOD.  Let's say Yes to the Lord. 

This is what I got out of this weeks sermon, listen to it for yourself and see what you get out of it. 
NO EXCUSES!!! That is my motivation for the year!



No comments: