Saturday, January 6, 2018

Filling Your Tank To Live A Full-Filled Life!


Well, maybe if I do the blog on the same day I attend the event will help me apply what I heard even more than going over my notes months later.  I was encouraged to see so many of my friends at this events.  I have been attending these events for just about 2 years.  So many of the people who come to these events are from all walks of life and all businesses, I mean there are homemakers, (like myself), business owners, I know I have met landscapers, electricians, real estate agents, bank employees, loan agents...see it does not matter what your profession is you will be able to come and apply it to your life.  I enjoy attending these events for several reasons.  I not only get something out of the topics to apply to my life but as a homemaker I feel connected to the professional world. 

I will start this off by telling you some of the jobs that I have held in my life and as I look back I can see how God has prepared me each step of the way to each job I had.  I got married young, I was 19 and my husband was 25, he had a wonderful job at UPS and I was trying to adapt to being married and I was encouraged by my husband to get a job. (He worked nights 10 pm-6 am so I slept all night and was ready to talk and fill my day with activities and wanted my husband to hang out with me, all he wanted to do was go to bed. Go figure!!! ) So, we were married in May and I started my first real job, 9-5 in September working for an Attorney!  That was such a learning experience, I was young, working in an office where I knew no one...I could have used some of Don Day's knowledge back then.  I worked for the same attorney off and on for 10 years I really enjoyed the work that I did and even now could tell you stories of cases I witnessed.  After that I worked for a medical office for 3 years in the referral department.  I also, enjoyed working there, I enjoy the contact with other people, being a part of the final outcome of a situation is what I love.  From there I taught at a private school, 2 years as a volunteer and the last year there as a paid employee.  If was still that interaction with others that I loved. My last job before moving to TN was working at a Retirement Community with their very own Emergency Medical Department.  I enjoyed the medical part and the hands on with the residents.  Now that you know a little about myself you can see that I am a people person. 

Today's Super Friday was "Filling Your Tank To Live A Full-Filled Life!
I guess this topic is what made me think of the jobs I have had in the past.  Looking back to see what I was filling my tank with...what kind of people were there to fill my tank? 
"People expect the most out of you for the least amount of pain to them, ($ - Time - inconvenience) they want more for less!  You can't provide peak performance on an empty tank. Don Day Speaks

Today the one thing that really made me think was the statement: "Take a renewal break at least every 90 minutes." Take 15 minutes to clear your head and when you come back from your 15 minute break write down everything on your mind.  I know when the girls were smaller it was hard enough to take a break and go to the bathroom let alone spend 15 minutes every 90 minutes to renew my focus.  So, looking back to when I was a full-time homemaker, stay at home mom, and home-school teacher there was maybe 15 minutes that whole day that I had for myself.  Those were the years of not having my tank full and I felt as though there were many holes in my tank where my fuel was disappearing.  But I made it through, with God's help and surrounding myself with encouraging people who would remind me I could make it. I started that "one step at a time" we heard about today.  That is the real key, 1 step at a time once you learn that key principle you will get through it.  There was another thing I wish I had learned at an earlier age in my life and that is "Don't compare--Don't look at other people's successes and be envious." Boy I wasted a lot of years looking at other's successes thinking I wish I had that position at work or look at that person they have it all!  I can now say that I have been truly blessed by God, He has given me a wonderful family, great friends and has put us in a wonderful town and state where I feel encouraged everyday.  There were many years I did not have that encouragement and I am sure people did not find me encouraging but over the past 10 years I have felt love and encouragement like never before.  My tank is more than 1/2 full. 

As you can tell Super Friday hit home again...it made me think about a lot, I need to the Word of God to Speak Life into Myself! "No more negative self-talk. Also, get rid of the negative People around you.  Finally, remove yourself from a toxic, negative environment."

Start off the New Year right! Get into the word, fill your tank with the correct octane of gas...the higher the octane the better the performance.  The more you focus on God and fill your tank with those people who will encourage you the better you will be at encouraging others. 

2018 A Year Of Change!
What will you change and how will you change it?

No comments: