Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Books Worth Reading

For the past 2 years God has given me the desire to read and learn more about his word. Some books worth reading and will give you a different perspective on life. As you will see I have found an author that is worth reading and he was truly blessed with the gift of writing and explaining the word of God. I have listed a few books below and will give a brief reason why this book was worth read for me.

God's Will For Your Life, by Derek Prince - In the opening chapter of the book he asked the question, "Do you have a known, clear objective for your life? Or are you drifting through life, being carried here and there by the winds of habit and fashion, tossed by waves of circumstances over which you have no control?" Well, I can honestly say I did not have a clear objective as to what I was to be doing in the kingdom of God, I was just there living each day not knowing where I was going next. I encourage you to read this book to find God's Will For Your Life.

Spiritual Warfare, by Derek Prince - This was another favorite of mine. I had read Ephesians 6:10-12 many times and I can honestly say I did not truly understand what the word was telling me. After reading this book I realized exactly who I was having a battle with, it was not my family or my friends it was Satan and his army. I learned how to fight this battle and where to draw my strength from. My strength comes from the Lord and my hope is in Him.

The Gifts of the Spirit by Derek Prince - This book explained all the wonderful gifts of the Holy Spirit. I loved the way it took the time to explain the Ministry Gifts, and The Gifts of the Spirit. After reading this book I decided to take the spiritual gifts test. I wanted to find out where I fit into Gods plan for my life. I found my gifts and strength, a test worth taking.

Entering The Presence of God, by Derek Prince - I have to say that the reason I decided to read this book was because I was listening to a true woman of God one day and she told us that if we do not come to church with the intent to entering into the presence of the Lord that we come in vein. We have to come in with the spirit of worship. We must come ready to worship and not depend on the praise and worship leader to make us feel moved but come in ready to move our selves with true worship to the God of our Salvation. Our offering to God requires His followers to bring Him praise, worship and thanksgiving.

God's Remedy for Rejection, by Derek Prince - I really don't have to say much about this book it speaks for itself. One day when I was trying to minister to one of my daughters who was experiencing rejection a good friend met with me and brought her two co works and we sat and shared about the feelings of rejection we experience and how we had to give that over to the Lord for him to heal the hurts of rejection of our past. Feelings of rejection in school, not being the smartest or the most athletic, at home not being the favorite child always being told you did not know what you were doing, to work, feelings of being over looked for the perfect job. I am sure all of us feel rejection at some point in our lives. Well, I encourage you to read this book and let the Lord take the spirit of rejection away from you FOREVER!!!

No comments: