Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 Trusting in God for Wisdom, Power and Strength

It is hard to believe that 2014 is here, I can remember moving to TN thinking how we would survive 1 year let alone almost 7 years this May. In the past 6 years we have settled in quite well. We have found a great church and have grown so much. We have learned how to make prayer and Bible reading a very important part of our lives. We have learned how to trust God for his provision, protection and guidance.


2013 has been a very trying year.
I took the step and filled out a resume and actually went on a job interview. I had not worked since 2007 (in an office setting), I have spent most of my time homeschooling the girls and baby sitting but thought I would try my hand at a job interview and maybe getting a job.  I really thought that was the time for me to go back to work but it was not God's time.  For this reason I am still plugging along doing what I know how to do best...being a mom, teacher and sitter.  God has bless me with some wonderful children to watch, these children are part of our family in our hearts.  I do not have them full time so I am able to homeschool the girls, craft and attend different Bible Studies when time allows.  Morgan is working part-time at the church in the Nursery Department along with her baby-sitting responsibilities.  Savannah has branched out and is starting to babysit for a few families.  It seems that the Hawes Girls have baby-sitting in their blood.  Even our two oldest daughters were babysitters and full-time nannies at some point in their lives.  We have always had babies around and have enjoyed every minute.  Glenn and I are still hosting a small group at our church and have met some wonderful people in the last year.  God has blessed us with so many wonder friends that we know have us in their prayers.


In October 2013 Glenn had an accident at work that caused his shoulder to be dislocated and a torn labrum.  We later found out that he had torn his rotator cuff.  He was scheduled for surgery in early December but due to infection was unable to have surgery.  He was able to have surgery 2 days after Christmas to find out that they were unable to repair his rotator cuff and they had to cut his bicep muscle to that it did not stretch and cause more pain.  Glenn has been out of work since early December and we know God has a purpose and reason for all this.  Praying that our visit in late January 2014 will give us a better perspective as to what the Doctors feel the next step will be.  Trusting God for his perfect will concerning this matter and believing for healing to take place.


We are looking forward to see what 2014 will hold for us.  The girls are ready for a vacation, one day they want to go on a cruise and the next day, Disney.  It is so funny to hear their conversations on what type of vacation they want.  They have already bought their tickets for the 1 Direction concert in August now they are talking about a concert in February they want to go to.  They are so much fun to be around.  I think I would have been bored out of my mind without them.  I am so thankful for having two more daughters after the older 2 daughters.  4 wonderful girls and a wonderful husband.
God has truly bless our family. 


Until next time remember that we all have a calling, trust God to show you where you need to be and walking in His ways!



No comments: